PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
"Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it...but I'm afraid God might ask me the same question."
-Anonymous
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Apple Goodness...

Fall is upon us, and even thought it has been a CRAZY BUSY fall around our house, I have taken a few minutes to enjoy the yummy treats and adventures that are all about fall.
First off, I came across a hilarious blog written by a law student who happens to be an ex-Barista. She dishes all about how to recreate the awesome drinks that I love at Starbucks! She is funny. She said that if you are rude to the workers at Starbucks, they will give you decaf when you order regular. I found that so funny. Always be nice at Starbucks.
If you are like me, you might enjoy the wonderful pumpkin and apple flavored drinks they serve at Starbucks this time of year. I love hot drinks. Like REALLY love them. All day long. Every day. I was excited to read her secrets about this very simple and enjoyable treat.
The caramel apple spice drink is so easy. I followed her suggestions, headed to Starbucks for the secret ingredient, and now I can make this little goody at home (more often than I should).
The secret is in the cinnamon dulche syrup. They will sell you a bottle of the syrup at Starbucks for about $7.95- I am guessing it will last a LONG time. You can find the recipe here.
I tried to convince Bryce that we should share a little special treat together one night when we were home alone (how did that happen? Grace must have been in bed, Drew at football, and Alyssa at dance). He was excited when he saw the whip cream come out of the fridge, but he was not sold on the idea of his apple cider being hot. He ate the toppings and I drank the liquid. Oh well...I still enjoy "drinking" with someone more than by myself...even if it is just a hot cider...yes, that goes for margaritas too.

In other apple news, Grace has her very first field trip! She was SOOOO excited. She got to go to an apple orchard and pick apples. I had to remind myself that even though I have been on this very field trip MANY times, I needed to be excited for her and enjoy the time. Is it sad that I had to psych myself up for the field trip? I need to remember that Grace is experiencing so many new things and they are all exciting to her. It's so easy to lose sight of where she was only a short time ago. Of course, for her, taking a bus and traveling to an apple orchard is a big deal. Getting a new tube of toothpaste is still a big deal for her (really- the pure joy that came from her latest tube of Dora toothpaste almost set her over the edge)...I just need to remind myself sometimes.



The bus ride was the highlight. She talks about it all the time. Maybe it reminded her of being in Ethiopia...flying all over the back seat of a car with no seat belt...bouncing on the bumpy roads....
This sign says "how tall this fall?" I would say "tall enough!" Grace really has grown like a weed in the past year. I can't believe how tall she has gotten. Enough already. She has grown 4 1/2 inches and three shoe sizes since last fall. My "baby" is no where to be found. She is all girl. She is so grown up and can't wait to be even older. Today she complained that she was disappointed that she has only had one birthday so far. She is sick of being four. She can't wait to be five. NO WAY! Five sounds way too old! Thankfully she will be four for a long time and we may decide to skip her 5th birthday all together :)

3 comments:

  1. Yummm, I will have to try that!!!

    As for Grace, as cute as ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going to get the stuff for that recipe today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her little field trip is SO cute! And yes, it is hard sometimes to muster enthusiasm for something that you have done soooo many times, and yet, I'm sure it meant the world to her.

    ReplyDelete