PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
"Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it...but I'm afraid God might ask me the same question."
-Anonymous
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, February 21, 2011

Mourning The Loss Of My Computer

OK...My daughter assures me that I have plenty of "real friends," but I feel so sad today...my computer crashed this weekend and I am without my laptop. I have soooo many blogs saved to my "favorites" and I don't know where to find them!
The biggest problem is that I may have lost pictures, videos and documents that I really want. I have an portable external hard drive that I use to back up stuff (occasionally) and I can't remember the last time I used it...Ugh!
Does anyone know anything about how to recover lost data from a bum computer? Tomorrow I take my baby - I mean computer, to the doctor - I mean computer repair guy. For $50 he promises to "diagnose" the problem. I am hoping that the hard drive is alright, because that way he assures me for mere $125 he will help me recover my precious pics and documents.
I need my computer back soon because sitting at "the kids" clunky, old desk top computer is lame. These are the only pictures I found in the "pictures file."

(I know for a fact that my son has never even had a Monster drink)



(My son's dream - to be like "Mike")


(I have no idea why this has been saved)
Since my thirteen year old daughter (and computer advisor) would prefer that I not glom on to her laptop, I better get mine working soon...
My email is still working, but I have no "contacts" right now. Feel free to shoot me an email and let me know if you have any "techy" advice for me!

4 comments:

  1. Deena, I am SO sorry!! Truly, we moms do become too connected to our computers. Praying that your computer doc is a miracle worker!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SO feel your pain!! Mine died while I was in bed recovering from my second surgery, I was SOOOO sad!! My hubby went out that night and got me a new one (whatta guy) and then the computer geeks were able to get my old stuff off!
    I am SURE they can help you recover your stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! This same thing happened to a friend of mine just recently. I sure hope you can recover all your photos, videos, etc. May sound crazy but I'll be praying for you as I would hate to lose my stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As my experience they did fantastic job in data recovery, image, files and what you had lost of your computer.

    ReplyDelete