PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
"Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it...but I'm afraid God might ask me the same question."
-Anonymous
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Just An Average Wednesday...Grace Style

Wednesday is dance day...Grace waits all week for dance day now. She asks every day if she gets to go to dance. Today she choose her purple dance outfit. Seriously, could the striped leg warmers be any cuter?
After dance class it was time for lunch...guess what? My girl still loves her injera! She requests it frequently. It makes me happy to be able to provide her with a small reminder of, or comfort food from, Ethiopia. Our freezer is chucked full of the injera that our sweet relatives brought us all the way from Omaha.
So today's menu...injera with chili. Who knew? We do injera with all sorts of interesting things. Injera with chunky vegetable soup is also a favorite. If you have any other great suggestions for me, please let me know. I love to watch Grace eat with the injera. Of course it reminds me of our trip to Ethiopia. The girl can really work her tiny fingers to scoop up her food. She can also fit the biggest bites ever in her little mouth. It is seriously crazy how wide she can open her mouth to stuff in injera.
So, there you have it. Grace's exciting day in a nutshell. In addition to watching me get necklaces ready to ship out to people (thanks so much for your orders!!! Please keep them coming), she also had the privilege of going to her brother's baseball game tonight and then driving back to the dance studio to drop her sister off for some of her classes...It took Grace about 30 seconds to fall asleep tonight. I love it when that happens because then I know she had a day full of "adventure."




4 comments:

  1. love her in her outfit! how silly that i couldn't figure out the very obvious paypal button. thanks, though for helping me understand. :) decisions, decisions! do your boys where them? would the john 14 one be good for a boy? (is that the khaki one?) i know my 13 year old won't (though he would probably hang it on his backpack. hmm...) but i think my jack would totally dig it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could totally see Jack with the Ethiopian flag necklace. He could wear it with his shirt off (just kidding). My 7 year old thinks he is pretty cool with his necklace (maybe because it is like an army tag or something). The John 14:18 one has blue clouds on the background and a green Africa...The "khaki one" is greenish with Africa and the word "hope" in it. The I heart Ethiopia one would be cute for Jack too. Hmmm...Thanks Missy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the dance outfit! How fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Deena,
    LOVE the joy in her eyes in the last pic!!! And Praising God for her adjustment...can't wait to say the same. Glad to support LIA with our recent purchase. ~Angie

    ReplyDelete