PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
"Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it...but I'm afraid God might ask me the same question."
-Anonymous
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Another Good Idea for Attachment/Bonding...

I came across one more cool item that just might be helpful for the process of attaching to, bonding with, and appreciating an adopted child (or any child). The like book is a very simple book that allows a parent to take a minute each day to sit with their child (for me, before bed) and to verbally (and in a quick written sentence) acknowledge something that they "like" about their child. The book is meant to be used daily as a type of journal for expressing the things you appreciate about your child.
I think Grace and I could both use this tool to bond through this simple, fun type of nightly routine. The entries can be as simple as "I like ...your smile" or "I like...holding your hand" or "I like...when you say funny things."
I am hoping to start using the book with Grace (and maybe another kid or two or three) after the holidays. The book is written in a 12 month open date format, so it can be started any time (of course the Type A personality in me wants to start January 1st). There is even a "like book" for couples...hmmm...that could be interesting. I think I'll stick with the kiddos to start!
If you are interested, you can check out the "like book" website. If you decide to order, you may want to use the code: likebook for a 25% discount.

"Kind words are short and easy to speak but their echoes are truly endless" - Mother Theresa

1 comment:

  1. Such a cute book! And thanks for your sweet words on the blog. So glad I "found" you too!

    ReplyDelete