PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
"Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it...but I'm afraid God might ask me the same question."
-Anonymous
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, January 20, 2011

And The Winner Is...

Thank you so much for spreading the word about the Valentine's Day necklaces we are selling. We have been able to raise money to donate to Ethiopia Reads. It has also been fun making personalized necklaces with Ethiopian (and American) names. The "giveaway" was fun and allowed me to "meet" some new blog peeps! And the winner is....CONSTANCE! Thanks so much for participating. I will contact you soon to find out which necklace, key chain and bracelet you would like.
So...in addition to making necklaces, Grace and I decided to stay inside (it's freezing outside in Wisconsin) and make banana split cupcakes. They were AWESOME!!!! I have to give a shout out to Becky, a fellow blogger and adoptive mom, who has a love for Africa, adoption, and cupcakes! Becky also designs blogs and is super creative. Check out her blog if you need any help with your blog...she is the one who helped me jazz up my blog header. She posted this recipe a while back and I couldn't wait to try it. I have a major sweet tooth and am always looking for an excuse to make treats.

So this sweet little cupcake is hollowed out in the center, filled with a banana slice, mashed strawberries, another banana slice, and then it is topped with a delicious pineapple cream cheese frosting, chocolate sauce and a cherry. It seriously tastes like a banana split! They were such a hit - and so darn cute. Sometimes it is just fun to make a special little treat for no reason at all. Grace was pretty excited and, of course, told me to grab my camera for a picture....I guess she has this blog thing figured out. Who knows, maybe Grace thinks all American mommies take pictures of every single thing their kid does and then writes about it on their "puter." Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment