PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
"Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it...but I'm afraid God might ask me the same question."
-Anonymous
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

First Day Of School

Was the "Hallelujah" chorus heard throughout everyone's house this morning, or was it just mine? OK...so I thought that I was ready for the kids to go back to school, but I did miss them a tiny little bit today. Grace handled it well. I was worried that she would miss them terribly. She did ask a couple of times about "Grace's school" but, all in all, she had a nice day at home playing with her dolls and hanging out with her mom.
They were all so darn cute this morning. Drew was sweet enough to offer Grace his backpack so that she felt special. She might have still thought she was going to school at that point...

Tonight we had a great night. After Bryce's baseball practice, we went out for a special "first day of school dinner" at a pizza place. It was special to us because almost exactly six months ago, we took the kids to the same pizza place and announced that we had received a referral of a tiny three year old girl... We showed them the photo we had received that morning as part of our adoption referral, and they saw their sister's face for the very first time. It was amazing to sit at the same restaurant, have the same waitress, and eat the same meal WITH the same little girl that we had admired in the photo! Tonight Alyssa pointed out that the table we were sitting at - a table for six- was perfect for our family now...no empty seats...it did feel perfect. We say it all the time, but we are so blessed to have Grace with us. She is incredible and we feel incredibly blessed to have her home!


2 comments:

  1. Really...I should not be crying after reading about your trip to the pizza place, but I am!! So Sweet! I am glad Grace did well on her first day without her siblings. Avery cried and cried when Gracie went to school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think that I have listened to the song before! I so get it! It is amazing when you realize the miracle of children (birth or adopted)...I can't imagine life without our Bella.

    I love the pics of Grace and her siblings. She looks like she has been home forever. She is a beautiful child.

    PS I love SCC too...I have him on my ipod and have found myself too choked up to run :)

    ReplyDelete