PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
"Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it...but I'm afraid God might ask me the same question."
-Anonymous
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Korah

Ordinary Hero~ A day in the trash dump in Ethiopia from Kelly Putty on Vimeo.
Please take a couple of minutes to watch this video. I am so convicted by it. Grace and I just finished watching it together. Here I am with my adorable little girl...a girl who was just living in Ethiopia. As Grace sat on my lap watching, she saw the same images that I did, but I bet she had a different perspective. I cried tears of sadness for the children living in Korah, and I cried tears of thanks for the little girl that I am holding.

We had heard about Korah before we traveled...we asked about it while we were in country...interestingly, when we brought it up to our Ethiopian friend, he sort of dismissed it...We later learned that some of our travel buddies (that we spent many hours with in the airport) were able to spend some time at the Addis dump area called Korah. What they described was unbelievable. They were so moved by the experience. This is an area that we WILL support and visit in the future. It is unfathomable that this is a reality. Please check out Kelly's organization Ordinary Hero. I began following her blog when she adopted an adorable little boy a couple of years ago, - she has become anything but an ordinary hero...she is incredible and the work she does is amazing (I know...that word is totally overused, but she really does amazing stuff!). Ordinary Hero is partnering with Project 61. I have had people ask us about how they can "help" in Ethiopia. I trust and respect Ordinary Hero and believe that this would be a wonderful group to support if you are called to act.

***Pause the music on the bottom of our blog before watching the video***

2 comments:

  1. My husband and I visited Korah while in Ethiopia in January. We did not see the dump but have heard, read, and watch videos of it. It is beyond sad and my heart breaks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this, Deena. Something else to think about--tears of sadness.

    ReplyDelete