PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
"Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it...but I'm afraid God might ask me the same question."
-Anonymous
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Dedication

We are lucky enough to be a part of a wonderful church. We are blessed to belong to a church that really focuses on faith, family, and serving. I love our church's mission statement:
"Becoming a people of character with hearts for the world."
The church is VERY involved in work with orphans in Malawi, Africa. It is so cool to see the programs that our church runs in Africa. Mission teams regularly visit Africa. Our congregation sponsors orphans in a specific village. Over the past five years, the orphanage, school and community that our church sponsors, has grown so much and continues to expand.

A couple of weeks ago, Grace was dedicated at church. It was a very special day. Our other kids were baptized when they were infants. It was really special to be able to have a four year old who was being dedicated. She understood that it was a very "special day."
Some of our family as well as great friends were able to celebrate with us. The dedication involved Grace being able to go "on stage" in front of everyone...she was all about that.


When our pastor extended his hands to pray for her, she went to him with open arms. It was so sweet. We chose the following life verse for Grace...it seems so fitting...
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you."
Jeremiah 29:11-12
One of the things that made the dedication so special, was that another little Ethiopian sweetie was also dedicated the same day....One of our pastors and his wife brought their little boy home from Ethiopia a few months after Grace. The kids are so stinkin cute together!!!!! It is so nice to have other adoptive families at church. One of my goals is help start some type of adoption ministry at church (I know, I know...I've been saying that for a year now!!!!)
And to top off a wonderful celebration, Grace requested ice cream!
She loves her ice cream, so it seemed a very fitting way to end her "special day."
(every time we go to church now, she says, "it is still my special day?")

1 comment:

  1. That is so special. And totally reminds me.....haven't done that for my Grace yet! Oh my goodness! Love her dress! Our church is starting an adoption ministry and I'm really excited about it! One thing I really want to see happen is to support families while they're deciding, while they're waiting and once they come home. Each season has such different needs. I'll keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete