PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
"Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it...but I'm afraid God might ask me the same question."
-Anonymous
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Summit 2010

This week I had the pleasure of attending the Christian Alliance for Orphans Summit in Minneapolis, MN. It was Amazing. I had the pleasure of being with 1,300 like-minded people who care about the 147 million orphans in the world and gathered together to learn about how we can do more to help them.
I was lucky enough to travel to the Summit with three awesome ladies. We had a great time. It was so much fun learning about new organizations and programs that care for the "least of these." It was also wonderful to listen to testimonies and presentations by some of the "who's who" in the adoption care community.

We even got to hear the former First Lady of Guatemala speak. Her name is Patricia Arzu. She has an incredible faith which is the core of everything she does in her service to thousands of children in Guatemala City. Here is a picture of my great friend Lori and the first lady. Lori has an adopted daughter from Guatemala and the first lady was gracious enough to talk to us (and even pose for a picture).

In addition to meeting some of my "friends" from "blog world" at the conference, I was so excited to be able to meet up with my great friend Amy. She is such a wonderful person. We were able to spend a little time catching up in between awesome speakers. Some of my favorite speakers were: Doug Sauder, President of 4 Kids of South Florida; Tom Davis CEO of Children's HopeChest; Karyn Purvis, author of The Connected Child; and, of course, Mary Beth and Steven Curtis Chapman.

Steven Curtis Chapman performed some of his beautiful songs after his incredibly humble wife, Mary Beth, spoke. Mary Beth did an amazing job of sharing her journey through the past two years after the death of their little girl Maria. Mary Beth is the president of Show Hope and together with Steven, they promote adoption awareness and provide adoption grants to families wishing to adopt. So far they have provided more than 2,000 grants!

The Summit was wonderful. I will definitely attend again next year. Thanks so much for checking in with us. I hope to have some good news to report on the adoption front very soon! Please pray for us to have a successful court date soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment