PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
"Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it...but I'm afraid God might ask me the same question."
-Anonymous
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, May 31, 2010

An Opportunity To Serve

Today I feel so incredibly blessed. I was able to celebrate another birthday yesterday and this year, all I kept thinking about was how lucky I am. I have a wonderful husband, amazing kids, a beautiful Ethiopian princess coming home soon, a comfortable home and plenty to eat and drink, and the love of friends and family. What more could I possibly ask for? Not a single thing! So as I was reflecting on all of my blessings, I got to thinking about the many people in Ethiopia who have so little.

As we get closer to leaving for Ethiopia, I am getting more and more excited about what we will be doing while we are there. Obviously I am super excited to scoop up little Grace Hiwot and smother her with love, but I am also so very excited to have the honor of serving some of the other kids in Ethiopia who are not being adopted. We are busy gathering donations and supplies to bring and we hope to help with a building project or another service opportunity.

For those of you have have never considered what Ethiopia is really like, I wanted to share a video with you. For many of you reading this blog, you have seen these beautiful children first-hand. For others, please take a few minutes to watch this video and see a glimpse of the kids who are in need of our support. I had the privilege of hearing Tom Davis speak at the orphan summit I attended in April. He does incredible work in Ethiopia, and if you are looking for an organization to support, I encourage you to check out Children's Hope Chest. We are also willing to take donations with us to Ethiopia. Please email me if you are interested in making a monetary donation - in addition to the supplies we bring, we plan to purchase many needed items in country in order to help the economy and provide the orphanages with exactly what they need (for instance, the specific formula they use, etc.).

***Be sure to pause the music at the bottom of the blog before you watch the video.

2 comments:

  1. I am coming with you the next trip! Breaking open the penny jar...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to have an amazing trip!

    ReplyDelete