PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
"Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it...but I'm afraid God might ask me the same question."
-Anonymous
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day Surprise!

What a wonderful Mother's Day...I was lucky enough to be woken this morning by my littlest guy and a great big Mother's Day hug. Soon after, I was treated to breakfast in bed and some wonderful gifts. We were then off to church which was awesome. I felt like the pastor's message was written especially for me...I love it when I feel so connected to the message and when the scripture readings seem to fit into my life so completely! Today, we heard all about Hannah and the incredible love that she had for The Lord and the love she had for her child. I was so moved during our church service today, because I was having so many thoughts of our little Ethiopian sweetie's biological mother today...Our pastor talked about Hannah's (1) Hurt - I can only imagine that hurt that our little girl's mother has endured... Hannah's (2)Heartache -it takes the most amazing kind of love there is to say goodbye and offer your child an opportunity for a new life -placing her in an orphanage out of pure love...I don't know if I could endure that kind of heartache...Hannah's (3) Heart - what a beautiful heart our little one's mother must have...and Hannah's (4) Hope -I am sure that our little one's birth mom has so much hope for her. I pray that her birth mother will have peace and will know about the love that we have for our little one and the promise we will make to her to guide her, love her, provide for her and to cherish her.

After leaving church and making a quick stop to do a little shopping, we went to lunch with my brothers, their families, and my mom. We went to our favorite Italian restaurant and the food was delicious. It was so nice to all be together. We were then off to see the other side of our family. I was excited because I had ordered both of our moms (the grandmothers) a glass tile pendant necklace that said "grandmother" in Amharic. It was a nice way to remember our Ethiopian little one while we were celebrating together.

So...the big Mother's Day surprise came late tonight. I got an email from someone who welcomed home another adopting family that just flew in from Ethiopia tonight...this particular traveling family has been such a blessing to us. They had already made my week by emailing us while they were still in Ethiopia to let us know that they met our girl...they even traced her foot for us and got to take a couple of pictures of her. SO...my surprise was that when they returned home tonight, they told someone at the airport that they had been able to deliver the goody bag that we had sent to Ethiopia and that OUR GIRL HAS SEEN OUR PICTURE! I get chills thinking that she is in Ethiopia right now and has actually seen our picture! The sun is rising in Ethiopia while I type this...My hope is that she will be able to look at our picture again when she wakes up today! Please keep praying that we will get the call soon that we have passed court and we are on our way to Ethiopia!
Happy Mother's Day!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day, Deena! You must be jumping in your skin right now! I can't wait for you to be able to go see your sweet baby girl. What a gift to be so connected to someone clear across the world--but not for long! :0)Big hugs to you!
    Oh, and I'm not sure if you got my email, but we finally got our t-shirts in. I think I may try to blog-fund-raiser that you suggested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is is so great!! I'm glad that you've connected with some other families traveling before you so that you can make some extra connections with your daughter. You'll be holding her soon! I forget....do you already have a court date? I want to be praying if you do!

    ReplyDelete