PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
"Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it...but I'm afraid God might ask me the same question."
-Anonymous
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, February 15, 2010

Our New African Friends


We have a two new friends from Africa! They just happen to be amphibians. It all started with "Swimmy" our son's Beta fish (a Christmas present) (he is not the most creative pet namer). Well, as you can see, Swimmy started out with a nice little tank. Swimmy was our son's favorite Christmas gift. I thought Swimmy might enjoy a nicer tank (once I realized that he was going to be a hit and lasted a few weeks). I bought a tank with a little filter, etc. We transferred Swimmy to his new home and went to bed. The next morning Swimmy was not exactly swimming. He seemed to be stuck to the filter (good job buying a tank with a filter too strong for little Swimmy Mom...) It looked as though he might not make it through the day. We promised our little guy that we would go to the pet store to get a new fish. After a few tears he agreed and we decided it was time to "flush" Swimmy. When we went to "move" Swimmy, my husband noticed that he was still alive and was moving a little...to make a long story short, Swimmy is still with us and we kept our promise to go to the pet store to get a new fish (just in case). We ended up getting two African Dwarf Frogs! How cool...African pets! They are really cute! They are tiny and never come out of the water. They just swim around and stay under water all the time. They are super easy to take care of too. And guess what my creative son named his new pets? Hopper and Swimmer (maybe we need to work on his creativity a bit).







1 comment:

  1. Hello. I Lori K. sent me your blog. I am so happy and excited for you. I can't wait to follow your adoption journey. Good luck with everything. I have added you on my sidebar on my blog. Courtney

    ReplyDelete