PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
"Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it...but I'm afraid God might ask me the same question."
-Anonymous
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, June 10, 2011

Last Day of School 2011...How Can She Be Heading To High School?

The end of the school year is always a little bitter sweet...lots of good memories were made this year and it was hard to say "good bye" to great teachers and fun classes. This year was especially touching, because my little girl is leaving middle school and starting high school in the fall! How can this be?
It seems like just yesterday we were celebrating her princess birthday...
And now, she is dressing like a princess for the last day of 8th grade...
We headed to the middle school for a really nice 8th grade graduation ceremony...I have to admit, I got a little teary during the "ceremony." All of the 8th graders looked so pretty/handsome. They were so dressed up and it was a lot of fun to watch them and see how much they have grown over the years. For all of you with little ones, time really DOES fly by. I remember smiling and nodding politely when more "experienced" parents of older kids used to tell me that time flies and that I should enjoy every second of my kids while they are little. Now, I truly "get it." They were so right! It is hard to believe how fast the years are flying by.
Drew- last day of 5th grade
Bryce- last day of 2nd grade
Grace- last day of not being a "school kid"- she starts preschool in the fall!

2 comments:

  1. She's so beautiful, and sniff, off to high school! I know you guys have a great relationship and these years will be great, but still, it's a huge milestone. Hope your summer gets off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, this made me tear up!! Time DOES go by so quickly, and mine are still little!

    ReplyDelete