PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
"Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it...but I'm afraid God might ask me the same question."
-Anonymous
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, June 6, 2010

An Amazing Celebration

My wonderful friend Lori (who I have written about many times) threw an adoption celebration/shower for us yesterday. The party was a great time. We had the pleasure of celebrating with many special friends and family members and were so blessed to receive so many special things for our little Grace.
Our little gift helper kept bringing on the packages...we now have a huge supply of adorable girl clothes and so many thoughtful gifts. It was so surreal to be opening gifts at a "shower" again - I never would have predicted this day would come...It goes to show you that you really never know when you are "done" adding to your family. The blessings keep coming even when they are not part of "our plan."







In addition to wonderful friends, there was plenty of wonderful food at the party!



Amazing Friends...



It was so nice to share the morning with everyone and to be able to celebrate what is to come...









The party was for moms and daughters, so there were many super sweet girls celebrating with us. Grace will be having a lot of big "sisters" looking out for her!





I am truly touched by all of the incredible women in my life. I feel so blessed to have all of these ladies share this special time in my life. Even though we all have so much going on, these ladies took time to celebrate with me. They are all so generous and have stepped forward to offer so much support and encouragement. (wish we could see more of your cute face in this picture Stacie!!!)


Our little gift helper (and a sweet adoption inspiration).




This is a picture of me with my sister-in-law. We are both expecting our little ones to arrive at about the same time...One very nice thing about adoption is the lack of stretch marks and weight gain :)


Some awesome "adoption buddies." These ladies are really understanding and can relate to all of the excitement, stress, and joy that is involved with adoption.


Thank you Lori for hosting an incredible party. You are the best friend a girl could ever ask for. I am honored that you care so much about us and our little Grace. I can't wait to share our adoption experience with you and look forward to the adventure of a lifetime when we travel together to Ethiopia to bring home our little blessing!!!!! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!


2 comments:

  1. Your shower looks so fun! I'm excited for you - can't wait to hear that you have your Embassy appt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing your friends are!

    ReplyDelete